Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Be where you are

I've been so super anxious to meet this baby, anticipating labor, etc. I've been praying so hard about it, about what I want. And tonight God has put me exactly where I've needed to be. Back in my spot of thankfulness.


Blake and I have had so much good quality time with the kids lately. Spending personal time with them, doing special activities with them, just plain getting to be present with them. Tonight we had a family date, just the four of us, to go see rio 2. Blake picked up chick fil a and we headed to the movie. Wyatt did much better than expected, and Emma of course had a blast. While laying in bed tonight, Blake and I were talking and it hit me. I've been so wrapped up in getting this baby here my way, that I may have not been cherishing the moments we have left as a family of 4. I have enjoyed every pregnancy, every baby, found happiness in each season. And now as our chapter of 4 bears is closing up and morphing into 5 of us, I am so so so thankful for the last memories we've made. 


I love how God uses me as a mama and as a wife. But I love it even more when he uses me as just me, as His, a woman choosing Him each day. Even when I fail, He gives me more chances. I'm making it a purpose to practice giving my babies more grace. I want them to know that grace only comes from Jesus living in me. 


This has been such a sweet season, and I'm excited to embark on the next one. But I only have a few days left of being a mama of 2 and I want to be as present and intentional as I can. I sure do love getting to be home with Emma and Wyatt, and I praise God for being faithful at all times.


"My heart is confident in you, oh God. No wonder I can sing your praises with all my heart!" Psalm 108:1





1 comment:

  1. Well said, Han. My fav: "I love how God uses me as a mama and as a wife. But I love it even more when he uses me as just me, as His, a woman choosing Him each day. Even when I fail, He gives me more chances."
    Does Blake have on Chevron Pjs? :)

    ReplyDelete