Saturday, March 29, 2014

when life is too busy for the internet

whew! we've have had a lot going on these past couple of weeks! wyatt and his teething, emma and her energy, and my huge pregnant-ness have had me wiped out lately. but we've managed a lot of fun in between all the sleeplessness.

last weekend we went to see george strait with our best married friends. 2 of my most favorite people, those rays. i love getting to do life with them, and eat hot krispy kreme donuts in the wee hours of the morning. anyways...george definitely lived up to his title as king of country. we opted out of seeing sheryl crow open for him so we could eat at tin lizzy's. my tummy was happy over our decision. and the rest of the concert was so so fun, so i call it a win!

this week i've had some painful pregnancy issues.. so i haven't been as fun or agile ;) blake has put me on unofficial bed rest until my back feels better. we'll see how long that lasts! i'm a DIY kinda mama, most of the time, so rest is really hard for me even when my body is screaming for it.

thursday we celebrated my birthday! it was definitely the best one yet. blake surprised me with the sewing machine i've been drooling over for a year now! my mom surprised me with clown cones (childhood tradition) and some dreamy white converse, and my in-laws treated me to some super nice comfy pajamas (which are my fave). we grilled steaks and salmon, ate fresh salad and baked potatoes. blake had the whole day off to spend with us which was my favorite part of my birthday, hands down. nothing is more special than spending every ounce of free time with the people who make you the happiest.

tonight we did a tiny birthday celebration with some friends to the food truck park here in atlanta. it was super windy and pretty cold so we ate as fast we could then headed to krispy kreme for hot donuts and coffee (do we see a reoccurring theme here ;) ). i am so thankful for where i am in my life, and another year to love jesus and people. i have a feeling this will be a really great year!














happy birthday to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment